The City’s Group Finance Department is urging municipal customers to ensure they pay their accounts in full and on time before going away for the holiday season.
According to the department’s spokesperson, Kgamanyane Maphologela, many customers default on their payments over this period. “We understand that many families feel the pinch in their pockets at this time of the year, but we want to remind our customers that they are required to settle their municipal debts. Our credit control procedures continue throughout the holiday season, and we would hate to see a situation where any of our customers find themselves with the discomfort of without access to basic services like water and power simply because they missed a payment,” he says.
The following advice to customers:
If you don’t like queues, you may pay use any of the listed methods below:
- With EasyPay, facilitating a quick payment option at many shops that you visit on a regular basis, including Pick ‘n Pay and Shoprite Checkers
- Debit orders
- Direct deposits at major banks
- Internet and cell phone banking
- SA Post Office
- Any Council pay-point (Customer Service Centre) – List below:
– Jabulani Civic Centre – 1 Koma Road, Jabulani
– Lenasia Civic Centre – cnr Rose Avenue and Eland Street, Lenasia
– Modderfontein Customer Service Centre – Thornhill Street, Thornhill Estates
– Midrand Civic Centre – 300 – 15th Road, Randjiespark, Midrand
– Sandton Civic Centre – Sandpark Building, 24 Fredman Drive, Sandton
– Roodepoort Civic Centre – 100 Christiaan de Wet Drive, Florida Park
– Roodepoort City Hall – corner Berlandina and Dieperink Streets, Roodepoort
– Thuso House, 61 Jorissen Street, Braamfontein
– Ennerdale Ext 9 – C/o Katz Road & Smit Street, Ennerdale
– Eldorado Customer Service Centre – 4046 Link Crescent Avenue, Ext 5, Eldorado Park
– Randburg (Civic Centre), Braam Fischer drive and Jan Smuts Road, Randburg.
All Council pay-points will be open during normal trading hours over the holiday season.
If you have a problem paying your account on full and on time, you may!
Please come in and talk to our staff at any of the City’s Customer Service Centres. We can help you make a financial arrangement that suits you and will give you peace of mind.
If you didn’t receive an account this month you have to still pay!
If you haven’t received an account, either pay the same amount as the previous month or call Joburg Connect on 0860 Joburg to enquire as to how much you owe. You can also register to receive your accounts by email. All you need to do is to register on the City’s website at www.joburg.org.za and your account will be emailed to you monthly.
Paying your account timeously means you can enjoy the holiday season without the worry of outstanding debt.
Customers that have queries can log a query with the Call Centre at 0860 Joburg.